Friday, October 09, 2009

15 years since a New England Fall

It has been 15 years since I spent an Autumn in New England and I am enjoying this one for all it's worth.

In a number of ways I feel reborn with the coming of Fall. I recognize that most people reserve these feelings for Spring, but for me, Fall has always represented thoughtfulness, rebirth and morning.

Maybe it is the theological notion that in dying to ourselves we are reborn again. Perhaps it is the fact that the trees demonstrate a beauty and grace that is only seen in the changing and falling of the leaves.

Elizabeth Bowen wrote, "Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day."

I am thankful for this morning season where every tree is a bright bouquet against a blue sky.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home