Friday, June 05, 2009

Two Moose A Swimming

On Wednesday morning as I was getting ready for work I looked out the bathroom window to the pond and I saw the loons swimming in the distance. I glanced out a few moments later and I saw what looked like two kayaks moving across the water near the loons.

I thought it was strange for two folks to be paddling on the pond at 5:45 AM so I picked up my glasses and putting them on realized that it was not two kayakers. I reached for the binoculars and sure enough...two moose were swimming across the pond. Bulls, their racks were sticking up out of the water.

I watched them as they reached the opposite shore and wade into the shallows. Beautiful creatures.

Normally I would have been completely fascinated by the loons... but this was something special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home