Monday, December 22, 2008

My Top Five Favorite Christmas Hymns

I grew up in a church tradition that sings a-cappella. In high school I participated in performance choir and a small group called the Madrigal Singers. In college I was in the a-cappella chorus for three years. I have always enjoyed singing and music.

My favorite Christmas hymns are, in order:

1. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

2. O Little Town of Bethlehem

3. O Holy Night

4. We Three Kings Of Orient Are

5. What Child Is This?


But my favorite piece of Christmas music is Handel’s Messiah.

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon his shoulder.
And his name will be called
Wonderful,
Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and his peace there will be no end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home