Thursday, November 13, 2008

What I am listening to right now….

http://www.thehighkings.com/
A few months back I was listening to NPR on a Sunday morning and an Irish group called the High Kings were singing the most exquisite harmonies. I finally sent off for the CD and it is really wonderful with mostly traditional Irish tunes and a couple of modern ballads thrown in. These guys are going to be around for a while. Their rendition of From Galway to Graceland is perfect.
At the same time as I ordered the High Kings I picked up Emmylou’s newest album, All I Intended To Be, and on first listen found it to be as engaging as anything she has ever done. I still rank Cowgirls’ Prayer as my favorite album. But I think after a few more sessions with All I Intended To Be its going to be a close second. She is one of the greatest singer songwriters of our time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home