Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I can almost hear Kenneth Branagh speaking the words...

"This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. " - William Shakespeare, Henry V

I was overwhelmed last night that America the beautiful elected a black president that is patient and kind and qualified to do the job. I will always remember this day.

I will suggest that our standing in the world changed over night. I have heard from people in Australia already today who are rejoicing in our good news.

The American people did the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home