Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To him who is able...

This morning I read through an online journal of a college friend who was diagnosed this past spring with breast cancer. Her courage and faith really strengthened me.

In the last few months it has become more and more evident to me how tenuous our life really is.

Our hold on life is made up of a slender thread of blood, sinew, organs and bone. And even those people credited with the best of physical health can succumb in a few hours under the right (or wrong) conditions. Such was the case of the mountain climbers on K2 last week.

The key is knowing that, “He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

And then living my life in such a way that I recognize that I don’t hold things together…but in him all things hold together.

I don’t have the power or the personality or the strength.

Live my best today. Love my best today.

Make as many memories as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home