Thursday, March 06, 2008

Tizzy Tuesday

I had myself worked into a tizzy on Tuesday. I was following the polls, reading the online news reports, watching MSNBC when I got home until after 11:00 PM.

By Wednesday morning I was pounding on the keyboard, formulating a response to the Clinton win.

After about 30 minutes into a haranguing diatribe I realized that I needed to focus on something else for a while, something other than the democratic nomination.

“My kingdom is not of this world....my kingdom is from another place”

Things can get out of control so quickly. Next thing you know you are scolding and sermonizing and ranting on about something that does not amount to a pile of petrified pony poop.

“My kingdom...”

God does not need Barack Obama to be President of the United States in order to accomplish his will. God does not need a Democrat to be President of the United States in order to accomplish his purposes.

“My kingdom…”

Keeping perspective. It’s hard. You invest time, money, conversations, emotions and thought to something and you want it to be right. You want to be right.

“My kingdom…”

Lord, help us all to keep perspective over the next nine months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home