Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year – New Job

It is a new day. Starting today I have a new job in a new office 19 floors above my old one.

I have moved from being an Employee Relations Consultant to a Retail Line of Business Consultant. While it may not sound like much of a move – it is a pretty huge move for me.

Before I helped individuals and the impact I could have was based on the number of folks I could physically come in contact with each day. Now I am working with a particular Line of Business and the activities and consulting I will do has the potential of impacting many people across the Line of Business.

One of the things that I will not be doing any longer is notifying people that their job is gone. I will not miss it a bit.

So today I am unpacking into a new office and I am following up on issues that were still unresolved from the end of last year. But it is good to be doing something new, different and challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home