Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ponderings from the pond

We don't make enough time for contemplation... for careful thought. Time for reflection on the way we live and the way we think about ourselves and others. Time for us to consider our path and the direction our life has taken.

Maybe it's just me. But I don't allow myself that luxury - or - maybe I don't want to face the reality of who I really am and who I have become.

Some time away from work helps to provide the space that is needed for such thought. When I am here in VT I like to spend the early morning or late afternoon paddling around the pond...

Listening to the loons and the rhythm of the oars going in and out of the water help to get me to a good place to think.

Then I pause and listen to the sounds of the pond and the forest surrounding me.

Peaceful contemplation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home