Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ribs...


This Saturday is the annual 4th of July pool party at my sister-in-law’s house. I started bringing barbecue ribs four or five years ago and now people request them every year.

I peel the membrane off the back of the ribs with a paper towel and trim off the skirt and meat flap. Then I rub the ribs with a mixture of Dion’s Rib Rub Seasoning from Urban Herbs and half as much brown sugar mixed together.

I let the ribs rest while I place an oblong cake pan in the bottom of the oven and fill it with water and preheat it to 275’. I line some baking sheets with foil and place the ribs on the sheets. Once the oven comes to temp I place the ribs in the oven for approximately six (6) hours.

When they are tender to the bone I remove them, cut them in two bone segments and let them cool. When it’s time to grill I warm each segment up and then sauce it a bit – being careful not to let the sauce burn too much.

I use the cheapest sauce I can find and a few specialty sauces that catch my eye. My favorite inexpensive sauce is called Chicken N' Ribs. Our local grocery carries it but you can also order it online.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home