Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Snow Day....

I stepped out the backdoor this morning to about 4 inches of snow on the walks and driveway. I knew it was supposed to snow a bit – but four inches is more than a bit.

I could not just head off to work because it is just too deep. So I shoveled my way to the garage and fired up the snow blower and spent thirty minutes cleaning off the drive around the garage and the apron and the sidewalk from the back porch.

While I was lamenting my fate I noticed that it was continuing to snow softly all around me. Big, fluffy snowflakes – the kind that I loved to see when I was a kid. I shut off the snow blower and just stood there in the dawn with the snow falling all around me.

It was a beautiful, peaceful morning.

Suddenly, I was not lamenting the snow but the fact that I now had to go to work! There were snow angels to be made, hot chocolate to be savored, and blog entries craft.

Perspective.

In a line from a Cheryl Crow tune: “It’s not getting what you want – it’s wanting what you’ve got.”

“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:12, 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home