Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winter is here

We have had about three weeks of cold weather and are just now starting to get an accumulation of snow. I have had to “fire up” the snow blower the last two nights and blow away five inches each night. More snow is expected over the next four or five days.

When we first moved into the neighborhood we used the same snowplow guy that our neighbors used but he never pushed the snow where I wanted it – he would just clear the drive and leave. I talked with him a couple of times and he would say that next time he would do it the way I wanted it done – but then when it snowed again he would go back to the way HE wanted to do it.

So I fired him and bought a snow blower. I love the power of being able to move snow without breaking my back with a shovel. The snow blower allows me to clean the place up and do the sidewalk in front of our house and most of our immediate neighbors homes as well.

And I enjoy being outside with the snow falling all around. One of the many things I am looking forward to in Vermont is the winter snowshoeing and cross country skiing.

It is interesting to me that most of my family dislikes the winter weather and I find it so appealing.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Donna Mae said...

Sorry, but this is one family member that dearly LOVES the snow!!!!I wish it would start snowing and not stop for a week ( since I am retired now and don't have to get out and clean the car off and hold my breath and pray all the way to work!) It's just beautiful when it is fresh and new. Randy and Steve call me twice a week from Alburqueque laughing about how much snow they have gotten since Christmas, knowing how much I like it; I keep telling them to send it my way. I really do enjoy your blog and try to check in on the pond a couple times a week.
lol
Aunt Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home