Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In the Interest of Full Disclosure

Hi, I’m Jeff and I am a gamer.

A few years back my wife gave me an Xbox for Christmas. I have since graduated to an Xbox 360 on a 55” Hi Def Sony Grand Wega and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound. It’s big, it’s bad, and it’s loud.

I enjoy playing multiplayer games. In multiplayer games, players from across the world network together and either all compete against each other, or team up to achieve a common goal such as defeating an enemy that can consist of either computer or human players.

A multiplayer tactical shooter game focuses on team cooperation to achieve objectives, rather than simply eliminating the enemy. There is a tactical emphasis on accomplishing joint goals and assisting team members, rather than on just shooting bad guys.

The more historically accurate and realistic the game is the better. World War II games are very popular and so are the Tom Clancy Special Forces games. I enjoy both.

I have made friends with people all over the world. Some of us have been playing online together now for five years and you develop a sense of community even though you only “see” each other in a virtual world.

My name in the virtual world is Stonebridge. It’s the English translation of Pierpont. Most of my mates call me “Stoney.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home