Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Day 2

“New Year's Day is every man's birthday.” - Charles Lamb

“Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” - Oscar Wilde

The New Year offers such hope.

I am never more optimistic than I am on the dawn of a New Year.

2007 - Day 2:

Today I resolve to start exercising gradually via walks to the park and back (two miles total) when the weather permits and walks on the tread mill when it does not.

Today I resolve to drink more water.

Today I resolve to listen more for understanding and talk less to get my point across.

Today I resolve to demonstrate that I care in ways that make a real difference.

“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.” - G. K. Chesterton

Waxing Gibbous – Tonight is the last night of the Waxing Gibbous. It is sometimes mistaken for a full moon and it was lovely Sunday and Monday nights. I really like saying, “Waxing Gibbous.”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home