Wednesday, December 27, 2006

“Or What Can A Man Give In Exchange For His Soul?”

Somehow in the acquisition of material goods for the present there can be a transformation that takes place within us that, in due course, forfeits our future.

Consumerism is a subtle and seductive lover.

We all recognize the folks with the materialistic mind-sets, right?

They are the ones driving the RV’s that look like celebrity buses pulling a big SUV behind them.

They are the ones with an personal account at Nordstrom’s.

They are the DINKS with four cars, a boat and two ATVs.

They are easy to spot and I am not like them.

Besides, buying some consumer goods is helpful to our economy.

I am just being patriotic and helping my country.

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home