Friday, October 13, 2006

Perchance To Dream

You cannot downplay the importance of having a dream. Dreams inspire us and keep us motivated.

For some folks the dream is for financial security, for others it is planning the next vacation and for still others it is an early retirement. There are all kinds of dreams out there. Some people want to be folk singers, others want to run clinics, and some want to let time pass on a beach.

When I was a kid it was my job to bring the horses in from the pasture. As I walked out into the field looking for the horses I spent a lot of time thinking/dreaming about the future and what I would be doing as an adult. I always dreamed of having a farm and being a farmer. Those dreams kept me going long after we sold the farm and moved into town.

As an adult I spend less and less time imagining my future. I don't think that is necessarily a good thing.

It is important to keep our minds open to new possibilities and dream about our futures. It can help to keep us alive and help us to maintain hope.

Henry Thoreau said, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home