Friday, September 29, 2006

Ministry

Mike Cope's Blog today really hits home for me... here is my post from there...

Language is so limiting. It is a frustration to me. For 10 years my vocation was a minister. For the last 13 years my vocation has been in human resources but my avocation or calling has been a minister.

During all those years I have had the privilege to "officiate" at funerals, weddings and baby dedications and I have had the opportunity to minister to people.

Most people I interact with day to day don’t understand the "priesthood of all believers" concept - being steeped in tradition they want an ‘official’ minister. They want "THE MINISTER" to pray for them, and "THE MINISTER" to marry them and "THE MINISTER" to anoint their children.

And while ministry is a longing fulfilled for me because it has given me that privileged "doorway" into their lives that I would not have had otherwise... I truly wish that all of us whether Jew or Greek, bond or free, male or female would claim the privilege of being a minister.

May God help us all to be ministers.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a blog posting today that is related to yours. You may enjoy it.
Mutuality in Him

Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home