Friday, September 15, 2006

Karma Is a Funny Thing


The only conventional network television show that that I watched last season was the NBC show “My Name Is Earl”

Earl, played by Jason Lee, has been down a lot of dead end streets. However, a twist of fate turns his life around.

Earl wins a lottery and has an epiphany - he's hit by a car! Earl discovers karma - and in hope of a better life, he sets out to correct every bad thing he's ever done.

I like this show – it’s a fun premise with some quirky characters and there’s always a happy ending. It’s always funny and generally positive.

Earl’s Modus Operandi can be paraphrased as follows: “If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.”

Yesterday I saw an old guy board the bus without enough change. He needed 50 cents. Before I could stand up another guy from the back of the bus ran up with the additional change and said, “I may need a favor from you some day.”

“If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.”

At the mid point in my life - I want to acknowledge that I have not always treated others with the friendship and respect they deserved – and I want to make a concerted effort to treat all people as I would want to be treated.

There are lots of people out there that want a better life and they don’t have any idea why they don’t have one or how to make their life better.

“If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.”

Will more money make a better life?

Will a bigger house?

Will a nicer car?

Will a lover?

Will a husband or a wife or a child make your life better?

It is just a striving after the wind.

“If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home